Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2022






Welcome to the September wacky holidays hop! You know all those obscure things that earned themselves national days of recognition? We're here to celebrate them! Who says only the major holidays get cards?!

This hop takes place on the first Saturday of each month and we'd love to have you join us! DM @claires_card_on for all the info

Today is National Hummingbird Day. I adore birds in general, but these tiny creatures are some of my favorite. The Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918 prohibits the domestication of migratory birds, including hummers. The Audubon Company introduced the first commercial hummingbird feeder in 1950. We have a feeder out now and have at least 2 hummingbirds hanging around, including one with a ruby throat. So beautiful!

For this card, I cut the hummingbird on my Cricut and glued the layers together. I had some left over flowers from the Hues of Happiness paper by @stampinupofficial. I layered them down the side and placed the hummingbird over it. I stamped the sentiment off to the side. The background was done with the @honeybeestamps Quilted Cover Plate. I added a small brass butterfly to one of the flowers, also from Stampin' Up. For your viewing pleasure, I included some photos my husband took of one of our hummingbirds.

Please hop along with the below participants as we celebrate all things September!
@claires_card_on
@amritapettus
@handmadebykanicky
@joyinthemakingco 🌺You are here
@kellyannsanti
@kydicreate
@magymakes
@madewithlovebyterri
@craftwithme101
@withlovebyamy
@oliviasmartin
@rp_shutterbug
@bethanygracecreative
@kellys.craft
@scrappystampthefunup

#obscureholidaycards


No comments:

Post a Comment